CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

lifes a breeze

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days - it's been a little hectic around here. Too many places to be and too few me's to go around:) I was starting to get the shakes from withdrawl today, so I figured I should stamp something - anything and get my fix!! This is what I did in the 5 minutes that I had to spare. I got this cute set and free wheel through stampin up's free wheelin promotion and wanted to try them out. My first instinct was to reach for the orange ink when inking the wheel of gold fish, but then the water and the bubbles would have been orange along with the fish. So, I inked them first in river rock and then randomly in old olive as when I think of real fish, I think green (and slimy). Then I hit the background with bashful blue on my stipple brush to fill in the water. The inner tube is popped up on dimensionals. My kids love to fish and they love to swim, but they don't like to swim with the fish! We camp lots in the summer and they really hesitate to swim in the lake - pansies :) Thanks for stoppin' by! I'll try to come up with something more challenging and creative after dinner.

0 comments: