CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Challenge Flap Card

I haven't been able to do much creating lately, so I just had to make something this morning before heading off in all my different directions before work. I checked out the challenges on Splitcoast and decided on this try a new technique challenge - Flap cards. I don't have a scor-pal or the coluzzle cutting thingy yet (I just ordered the coluzzle and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival from Stampin up!). I didn't let my lack of supplies stop me though... I thought that the 5 in 1 template would serve as my guide for rounding the top flap and it fit perfectly (see photo at left). Here's the deets (details):
Start with cardstock 3 1/2 x 11.
Score at 4 1/4 and 8 1/2.
Place your 5 in 1 template across the top score line (in the picture it's the straight line ABOVE the stampin up logo. Your corners will match up and just draw in where your round flap will be, remove the template and cut out your perfectly rounded flap.
Fold the bottom flap up and adhere patterened paper (3 1/4 x 4)
Decorate as desired and you have flap card.
In the tutorial on the challenge thread, they used magnets, but I didn't have any, so I went with the old standby....velcro.
Thanks for Stoppin' by today!

0 comments: