CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

you're a blast!


Here's one that was a blast to make!! It was quick and easy, yet I think it turned out cute... which makes it a blast :)
That new pun fun set is so cute and I hadn't gotten around to making a spaceship card yet. This paper was lying on my desk from another project (where I used the backside). Also sitting on my desk - yes! my desk is messy - was the pun fun set and even though this paper is flowers, it said spaceship to me... I know, I'm weird - what can I say. I spend too much time indoors sitting at a desk :)
Things you might not notice about this card by looking at the picture
1. The spaceship was stamped and then cut out in the shape of an oval using my coluzzle. When I got to a spaceship part while cutting, I skipped over it and then went back and cut the piece outside of the oval with my scissors. The "wings" are totally cut out and curled up a bit for added dimension.
2. The spaceship is mounted to the card using dimensionals.
3. The stars are stamped onto the jersey shore designer paper.
4. The rivets on the spaceship and the stars on the orange band are filled in with my sakura glitter pen and really do sparkle IRL.
5. The orange and blue ovals backing the spaceship are cut using the coluzzle.
Thanks for stopping in today - have a great day!

1 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Verry creative!! I think that paper looks like fireworks! I love the ovals! I still love this set and I just got my coluzzle. Thanks for sharing this card.