CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

what do I do with those watercolor wonder crayons?

That's what this month's DIVA hostess wanted to know.... so I ordered some (yes, I don't have EVERYTHING) and got to work. I'll be honest, I had a bit of a hard time achieving a look that I really liked. This card doesn't show very well, but the flowers are pretty IRL. To get these flowers, I first spritzed my inspired by nature stamp with water, then colored directly onto the stamp with the crayons, spritzed again a couple of times and stamped onto very vanilla cardstock. I'd seen a card much like this on SCS and decided to try it to see if it would work for my DIVA's. I hope they like it, as it's the card we will be doing friday night. We will also color with the crayons directly onto the paper and pick up color from the end of the crayon with an aqua brush. The card is called a tent topper and the base is cut to 4 1/4 x 8 1/2, then folded to make a 4 1/4 inch square. Then you make your focal image any size and shape you want and use a finished card or an envelope to determine placement onto your card base.... KWIM? Thanks for stopping by my rubber room today!

1 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Yep! Just purchased my first set of crayons and I have used them only twice. I like the watercolor effect on your card-haven't tried that yet. I do like to use them to color chipboard; I just color directly on the chipboard and smooth with an aquapainter.